Imma EEP Dummie...Dunno What To Do To Get the Results I Want

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Imma EEP Dummie.  I've just used shared environment plus Midday when living on a 24-hour cycle sim.  Now, the 24-hour cycle sim must have had a different midday as it was  kind of interesting and pretty lighting to just change the azimuth when on Midday and it created some interesting lighting that didn't kill all the shadows.  But, I found if I was not on a 24-hour cycle sim that Midday and changing the azimuth doesn't do much.

What I'd like to find is a Midday lighting or day lighting that makes the skins look good but doesn't kill all the shadows and make the full bright and glow way too bright.  Anyone have suggestions how to find something like this?

I played around with about 50 EEPS at least and found nothing I like.  Well, I actually found one but there was no way I knew how to save it.  It wasn't the EEP alone that I liked, it was after I fiddled around for about an hour, I finally got something I liked  but didn't know how to save it.  So, it's gone now.  I want a natural lighting that makes skins look good and doesn't kill all the shadows and that I can just click apply to myself.  Does anyone know of what might work?  I don't want photography nor sky effects, I just want to have a happy SL with some shadows and skins that look better.

Edited by EliseAnne85

On 11/1/2022 at 10:42 AM, EliseAnne85 said:

Imma EEP Dummie.  I've just used shared environment plus Midday when living on a 24-hour cycle sim.  Now, the 24-hour cycle sim must have had a different midday as it was  kind of interesting and pretty lighting to just change the azimuth when on Midday and it created some interesting lighting that didn't kill all the shadows.  But, I found if I was not on a 24-hour cycle sim that Midday and changing the azimuth doesn't do much.

What I'd like to find is a Midday lighting or day lighting that makes the skins look good but doesn't kill all the shadows and make the full bright and glow way too bright.  Anyone have suggestions how to find something like this?

I played around with about 50 EEPS at least and found nothing I like.  Well, I actually found one but there was no way I knew how to save it.  It wasn't the EEP alone that I liked, it was after I fiddled around for about an hour, I finally got something I liked  but didn't know how to save it.  So, it's gone now.  I want a natural lighting that makes skins look good and doesn't kill all the shadows and that I can just click apply to myself.  Does anyone know of what might work?  I don't want photography nor sky effects, I just want to have a happy SL with some shadows and skins that look better.

I have one I use that's bright enough for building and has subtle shadows.  You can edit it also.  I always make a copy then edit the copy in case I mess it up.    I'll pass it to you.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.