RLV system/collar with customizable public menu

Ezbeharra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like a collar or some other type of RLV system that allows me to select items/functions that are visible to anyone with public access, hide others, and (ideally) let me customize some of the menu text. I'm not talking about access restrictions so much as just visibility and presentation. Currently I'm using Wendy Starfall's Peanut Playset (free full version that I got grandfathered into I think) and I've played around a little bit with OpenCollar.

The problem I'm trying to solve is one where a lot of useful functions (like force sit) are down in the RLV menu instead of at the top, restricted items still have buttons that respond with a confusing access denied message, and it's not clear to the uninitiated what a lot of things even do. For partners used to playing with RLV and each other, that's not much of a problem. I play with strangers in dangerous places, and a huge portion of them, probably the overwhelming majority, are idiots to begin with and certainly don't have a lot of experience clicking through every kind of collar menu. It puts a bit of a damper on the fun to have to explain all this stuff to my captor.

The ideal case would be one where I could create a simple menu for dummies with just a few buttons like "Force Sit", "Strip", and "Grab Leash" that would bring up the correct menu/function, and leave off all the other stuff completely.

Edited by Ezbeharra

Since OC is open-source, it probably wouldn't be impossibly difficult to rework some of the menus by manually editing the script. adding in the functionality so that the wearer can enact those kinds of changes would probably require a complete redesign though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So there I was spending an hour or so fiddling with Number 9 and Open collar, trying to get the best of both collars. Searching around I happened upon this post.

Ezbeharra, I so agree with what you are saying. Some of the best buttons you want clicked are buried deep in the menus. I do give a lot of credit to Wendy for putting “Strip” and “Kidnap” buttons right on the first menu which most guys can actually figure out. And further credit for Wendy’s simplified system for what can and can not be stripped, very well designed!

My objective was to use the arm chains from open collar with Wendy’s collar. Although, I found a workaround to get where I want, I am still a bit curious about simplifying the public menu. Open Collar is open source and has various modules. I do not know if Wendy’s is also open source, although it appears not. I would be curious to know if it is if anyone knows. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just recently thought about this problem again and I've found 2 items that might do what I want, so I thought I'd overcome my forums distaste long enough to put them here for anyone else who might run across this post and have the same problem.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Just-Play-Blue-Vixen/13586453

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Grabability-104/23870120

Of the two, the second (Grabability) sounds the most like what I'm looking for, so I'm going to give that one a try and perhaps eventually report back.

Edited by Ezbeharra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.