parcel media

Kitty Nakajima

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My neighbours is complaining that he car hear  my media stream while on his parcel and asked me to sort it out. It seem that I can limit sounds from objects and music to my parcel but not media so I told him that he would need to sort it out at his end in the Preferences >Sound & Media> Media options. It seems odd however that I cannot limit media to my parcel?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 answer to this question

On 9/22/2022 at 9:56 AM, Kitty Nakajima said:

My neighbours is complaining that he car hear  my media stream while on his parcel and asked me to sort it out. It seem that I can limit sounds from objects and music to my parcel but not media so I told him that he would need to sort it out at his end in the Preferences >Sound & Media> Media options. It seems odd however that I cannot limit media to my parcel?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

I just was in the About Land settings for a new parcel and noticed a new-to-me option on the About Land -> Sound tab (using the most recent SL viewer).   It is called "Obscure MOAP" and the hover tip for it says "Media on a prim located outside this parcel should not play automatically for an agent within this parcel and vice versa".  

To me, this sounds like it will restrict media streams in parcels which have this set from playing media streams from outside the parcel - and hopefully, may keep your media streams inside your parcel only (my interpretation of the 'and vice versa').  

I don't know if it's made it to TPV viewers yet or not.

1925737066_Screenshot2022-09-23160040.thumb.png.07fb27f2152c06164eff2c27c6ac4d56.png

Edited by MoiraKathleen
added missing word and missing )
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.