Adding Animations to Existing Engines

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am afraid there is no enough info for some meaningful advice with your problem. What animation system are you using? How many avatars you want to animate? Do you have single, couple or multi avatar setup? Are you using submenus or you are trying to combine all in one menu? What errors is your item showing? There are probably more questions I could ask, but let's start with basic.

• Like 1

Hello Rohana. I took a SL break for a few years and cannot remember for the life of me how I used to add menus to existing engines...put it this way, when I left, poseballs were "the thing" LOL. Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate it but am not surprised you took the time because you are always very responsive...smiles

As MLP is pretty much dead, I'll assume you are using AvSitter.

Let's take some simple chair with single sits and few couple animations as an example. And let's say you want 2 buttons in the main menu fro SITTER 0, one holding sits and another holding couples, and just couples for SITTER 1. At the end, lets' say you want 2 submenus in Sits, one for Female sits and one for Male sits. The structure of AvSitter Notecard would look like this:

SITTER 0

First you have to define the buttons in main menu:

TOMENU Sits

TOMENU Couples

Than, define submenus in Sits menu:

MENU Sits

TOMENU Female

TOMENU Male

Define animations in Female Sits:

MENU Female

POSE FSit1|FSitAnimation1

POSE FSit2|FSitAnimation2

POSE FSit3|FSitAnimation3

Define animations in Male Sits:

MENU Male

POSE MSit1|MSitAnimation1

POSE MSit2|MSitAnimation2

POSE MSit3|MSitAnimation3

MENU Couples (holds everything in menu Couples for SITTER 0)

SYNC Couple1  | Couple1F

SYNC Couple2  | Couple2F

SYNC Couple3  | Couple3F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SITTER 1

TOMENU Couples

MENU Couples (holds everything in menu Couples for SITTER 1)

SYNC Couple1  | Couple1M

SYNC Couple2  | Couple2M

SYNC Couple3  | Couple3M

• Like 1

Thank you RohanaRaven! I see what I was doing wrong...and yes, MLP Is dead. So the fact that it was the cutting edge last time I worked with animated furniture demonstrates why I was so confused . I build clothing has its creative challenges, but animating related scripting like the AVpos uses a totally different part of the brain for me!  Thank goodness you offer top quality animations Plus excellent customer care. Thank you so much

Jazz

Edited by Jazzmine Melodious
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.