Unable to log in with main account but can with alts

Anishree

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I been having a problem for a few weeks now with my main account. I struggle to log in. I keep getting error message "Login failed: despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong. please check... "status page" to see if problem with service. if you continue to experience problems check firewall...  etc" .

So after trying numerous times to log in (and this will go on for 3 hours or more not being able to get in), clear cache, recheck password, try SL viewer and then Catznip then Singularity then back to Firestorm it still gives same error message. Then suddenly I can log into SL (but not Firestorm) - or I can log into SL then log out and then log into Firestorm OK.  Or sometimes I get logged out and then cannot get back in. Or I check my 3 alts and they all log in just fine without delays. Sometimes my main character/account is very very very slow to log in.

I ensure all drivers are up to date, newest version of viewer installed. Have a new spec router and computer was upgraded 3 month ago - please help it is so frustrating

1 answer to this question

3 hours ago, Anishree said:

I been having a problem for a few weeks now with my main account. I struggle to log in. I keep getting error message "Login failed: despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong. please check... "status page" to see if problem with service. if you continue to experience problems check firewall...  etc" .

So after trying numerous times to log in (and this will go on for 3 hours or more not being able to get in), clear cache, recheck password, try SL viewer and then Catznip then Singularity then back to Firestorm it still gives same error message. Then suddenly I can log into SL (but not Firestorm) - or I can log into SL then log out and then log into Firestorm OK.  Or sometimes I get logged out and then cannot get back in. Or I check my 3 alts and they all log in just fine without delays. Sometimes my main character/account is very very very slow to log in.

I ensure all drivers are up to date, newest version of viewer installed. Have a new spec router and computer was upgraded 3 month ago - please help it is so frustrating

Perhaps this blog post will help...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 663 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.