Info for 'duplicate orders' needed

Cadwallader

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, Can anyone explain anything about 'duplicate orders'? (orders that are from the same person, with the same items, same order number and not gifts to others) I've always refunded the L$ difference to the buyer thinking it was an error (and I thought I had received the full amount for each of the duplicate orders) but I recently had a duplicate order five times that added up to a considerable L$ amount, I have refunded the buyer as usual but I was a little suspicious (and ignorant about duplicate orders) so I checked my L$ Transaction History and it looks like I only received the L$ amount for one of the five duplicate orders, Can anyone confirm that duplicate orders are only payed for once by the buyer? If this is so then I can stop refunding buyers for duplicate orders (I dread to think how much I have refunded in the past) . . . (and a little dismayed that the refunded customers never told me that they didn't see a problem with their L$ balance) Thanks

Never refund based on what you see in the reports or listings you get, because it could just be on SL's end, some glitch or something you don't yet understand.

Some of the duplicates may be legit, as they could have returned to buy the product again, as gifts for their friends and alts - not sure what that might look like in the transaction listings, but something to check out.

I've seen multiple listings with same price too, but they were just buying the item for friends presumably.

Most people won't notice you refund them money because like me will be busy working on something and all we hear is a little cash register sound when we get money, and if we are sellers ourselves we will assume someone just bought a product - and not thinking someone is giving a refund for some reason.

It's okay though. it's just $L and didn't come out of your bank account :D

Edited by Codex Alpha

I think i'll wait for a payment error IM from the customers before I refund anyone automatically in the future (and ask for a screenshot of duplicate payments), I've checked quite a few now and see the customers only payed once for the 'duplicate orders', ahh well, we live n learn eh?  :) (the recipients name is listed in the 'View Order' option on the Transaction History page, if its different from the buyers name then it is a gift, nearly all of my duplicate orders are the same name so not gifts)

Sometimes the duplicate seems to be caught at the other end and you'll only be paid once. Sometimes it's not caught and the you'll be paid multiple times. The solution is always check it against your transaction history before refunding.

Edited by Polenth Yue

• 7 months later...

I have been having problems the past couple of months with chat being double and anything rezzed being double. I have bought a couple of things and noticed I get charged twice. When I pay anyone it pays double but if they pay me it is not.  I was lucky that the stores immediately refunded me for the double purchase but not always so I have stopped shopping.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.