What is a fair commission?

Cooter Coorara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.  I have a full mainland region.  I was diddling around building a downtown, just like a model railroader would do in RL.  Great fun.  One of my builds (I am a builder) is a nice three story building with a store/shop on the first floor and a two story apartment above.  My theme is 1930s. 

I figured that someone may need inexpensive store and living space.  Just like RL.  Perhaps someone who wants to experiment with opening a store.  In RL, I was a businessman in an old mill sown.  Rents were cheap.  Our business folks referred to downtown as an incubator for new businesses.  Well, why not the same in SL?

I figured out how much to charge for rent.  Now, here is my question:  I have a couple of rental agents.  What is a fair commission to pay them?  10% of the rental payments?  20%?  This would be an ongoing commission for the life of the rental.  This is a new venture for me and my second go 'round in SL after a long absence, so don't judge me by my age.  I am a noob here.

I pay all of the land's tier and marketing costs, of course.  The agent invests only their time, at their discretion.

Thanks, in advance, for any guidance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.