Another Guy with Tattoo Questions

biglazagna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a face tattoo to match the one my OC has, and when I do all the steps (ie making a new tattoo in my inventory, wearing it, editing it and loading the texture from local) my ava's head won't render properly, it just stays a medium grey tone all-over. I've read somewhere it's an alpha problem but if I'm completely honest I have no idea what that means and could use it broken into easy words for this dummy 😅

My ava is wearing a lelutka skyler evox head, with evox skins from velour. tysm! 🙇‍♂️

On 3/7/2022 at 1:49 PM, biglazagna said:

Hi all,

I'm trying to make a face tattoo to match the one my OC has, and when I do all the steps (ie making a new tattoo in my inventory, wearing it, editing it and loading the texture from local) my ava's head won't render properly, it just stays a medium grey tone all-over. I've read somewhere it's an alpha problem but if I'm completely honest I have no idea what that means and could use it broken into easy words for this dummy 😅

My ava is wearing a lelutka skyler evox head, with evox skins from velour. tysm! 🙇‍♂️

In order to preview your textures from local, do not exit from edit mode.  Hitting save with the local texture will make you appear gray. When you determine that your previews look good enough, exit from edit mode. Then pay to upload texture and things should appear as normal when you replace the local texture with the uploaded texture from your inventory.

I don't know how to explain the technicalities of it, but that's how I figured out to make it work for me.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.