Textures look blurry on certain things.

Greene Paine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Greene. Usually clearing cache corrects this issue:

In Viewer 2 clear your cache and relog. Menu Me --> Preferences --> Setup --> Reset --> OK --> Relog

If problem remains, try to clear your cache manually:

(XP) - C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME) - Application Data \ SecondLife and
C: \ Documents and Settings \ (USER NAME)\ Local Settings \ Application Data \ Second Life

(Vista) and (Win 7) - C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and
C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Log out and delete everything in those folders and restart first your computer and after the program. Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)

Have in your mind that if you clear your cache manually you will lost all your private conversations which are saved in your computer. To avoid it copy the folder with your username in the folder Secondlife in another position in your hard disk.

If you use Phoenix, the path is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

• Like 1

The easiest and the most accurate way to find your cache is to look at the cache location on the "Setup" tab (Viewer 2).  The path to where your cache is for your particular viewer installation is listed in the box......some systems are set up differently and the location may vary somewhat from the typical location.  Also, if you moved the cache (which is recommended if you use more than one viewer on a single computer) it won't be where you expect it to be.  If you can't read the complete path (like I can't on my computer) then just right click the box, choose "select all", then right click again and "copy".........paste it to a convenient word processor or editor (even an email).  You can then read the entire path and you'll never arrive at the wrong file or folder.

You can safely delete the entire cache (the folder will be named "texture cache").  You do not have to copy any logs........there are no logs in the cache.  I can think of no reason to delete any logs unless you are doing a clean installation (such as an uninstall then search for left over files and folders and manually deleting them in perperation for a re-installation).  In that case, if you want to save those logs, you would need to copy them to a safe place before deleting them.  It's easy to wind up at the wrong folder if you aren't careful.........for instance, if I follow the path given in an earlier post that includes "Roaming" I will arrive at my logs.  The path I need to follow for my setup on this computer is:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\SecondLife

If I put "Roaming" in the path I come to my logs and that is the wrong place to manually delete my cache.  I recommend to always follow the path given by your viewer on whatever tab you use to clear your cache..........copy that path, paste it to some document and save it.  Never take the typical path as gospel.........you could easily delete the wrong folder.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.