"Worn on invalid attachment point" and other problems

Siddean Munro

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the last day or so when I login to Aditi using whatever mesh viewer I have (I've tried several) my worn meshes don't load, and in my inventory they say they are worn on an invalid attachment point.  I can't detatch and reattach them, they detatch ok but refuse to reattach anywhere, and I can't upload new meshes either, they just eventually time out.  Restarting the viewer several times and moving to another sim worked yesterday, but today I'm back to the same problem.  Anyone else encountered this?

Today, nearly all the mesh regions were changed to the server that uses the new mesh asset format. Before today that was only on four regions. So it sounds as if that is the source of your problem. Now you need a viewer that uses the new format to upload meshes using it. Those are the Mesh Asset Deprecation viewers. There is a link in a thread here. Old format meshes in your inventory will not work any more. Throw them away. The error message you describe does not sound quite like this, but that's often the way with error messages.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.