Water maps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you create a sphere prim, flatten it and use a llSetTextureAnim it should perform what you are describing. I'm not sure how to do it with EEP though, and the prim method only works for small  areas:(  It would look pretty amazing though.

Edited by Istelathis

30 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

If you create a sphere prim, flatten it and use a llSetTextureAnim it should perform what you are describing. I'm not sure how to do it with EEP though, and the prim method only works for small  areas:(  It would look pretty amazing though.

I'm hoping there's a way by using the water map. I don't know if you can make your own. I can't use your method anyways. Mines a full region and it won't work with a large island. 

• Like 1

Not with EEP, no - you can make water static with EEP, and strip it of it's texture (to create a completely smooth surface), then you might be able to get a large mesh plane and use a texture animation to add the effect you describe.

EEP allows you to control the direction that Linden water travels, but it will only ever travel in a single direction, not to a given point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

Not with EEP, no - you can make water static with EEP, and strip it of it's texture (to create a completely smooth surface), then you might be able to get a large mesh plane and use a texture animation to add the effect you describe.

EEP allows you to control the direction that Linden water travels, but it will only ever travel in a single direction, not to a given point.

Well, thanks. Its really depressing. I'll just rework the land to make it fit the water better. Maybe that's a feature I can file a jira for. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.