Question.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I have been trying to find a thread maybe already started on this but was having no luck. My question is what is called when people put that fancy writing in the chat box and then it sets off a sound? Are those something you can buy, or do you make them yourself? Kind of confused about them.

Thanks!

........o.O ~~*V^vv^V Howlzzzzz V^vv^V*~~o.O.............  <---- when that shows up in the chat box and then you here hollowing that would be a gesture? If so then yep that is what i am talking about! I wasn't sure if it was called something different. It is just a gesture with no actually animation on your avatar correct?

Finley Verlack wrote:

o.O
~~*V^vv^V Howlzzzzz V^vv^V*~~
o.O
.............  <---- when that shows up in the chat box and then you here hollowing that would be a gesture? If so then yep that is what i am talking about! I wasn't sure if it was called something different. It is just a gesture with no actually animation on your avatar correct?

Sometimes they can have animation too.

You can even make your own, as Valerie said. Go to Inventory, choose Create/New Gesture. You will need to remove and replace the chat, animation and sounds currently in there. Then retitle and save your creation. 

At first it is easiest to just use current ones. 

Am very familiar with the HOWL gesture, also HOO, as is anyone who has gone to a club in Second Life. :D

Have fun.

I wasn't sure if you were talking about gestures or that odd lettering that looks like boxes rather than the English alphabet (when you said "fancy lettering"), and in my chat actually there are no words sometimes, just boxes that look like rectangles that replace a word. 

Anyhow, gestures... love 'em!   Have fun. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.