hold script for holding plushies ?

headda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i created a plush toy and i want the object to walk with me with AO as i hold it like in some items i have seen in marketplace now the question how do i do it ? do i create my own animation outside of second life or i can do it with scripts only? how do i start?

It depends on how your plush toy object is constructed...

If the object is mesh and properly rigged, you can enable it to be an animesh object which allows it to use existing avatar animations. And yes, these kinds of animations are created outside of SL. Though you may be able to find a suitable one for sale on the marketplace or inworld.

On the other hand, if the object is not rigged, then you won't be able to use conventional animations. If the object is comprised of multiple parts, (like one object for each limb, head, etc) then you can create a crude animation with a script - which would amount to a sequence of llSetPrimitiveParamsFast function calls which reposition and rotate each limb to create new poses for the figure, essentially creating your own frames of animation that way.

Generally speaking, attachments that appear to walk with the avatar are commonly attached to the "Avatar Center" attachment point and positioned off to the side. This is done to avoid having other animations playing on the avatar affecting the walker attachment's position. You'll also want to have your script running a polling loop to continually check the status of the avatar (much like the older animation overrides). You want to know when the avatar is running/walking/flying/etc and when they are, you would have the plush toy perform complementary animations on itself (which would be one of the two discussed above).

On 1/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, headda said:

i created a plush toy and i want the object to walk with me with AO as i hold it

Do you want the object itself to walk behind you, or do you just want to hold it in your arms? Fenix's answer is about the first meaning. The second is a lot simpler.

Edited by Quarrel Kukulcan
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 10:13 PM, Quarrel Kukulcan said:

Do you want the object itself to walk behind you, or do you just want to hold it in your arms?

FWIW here's what I've used to accomplish the second.

string myAnimation = "ANIMATION_NAME_HERE";

{
	attach(key id)
	{
		if (llGetAttached() != 0)
			llRequestPermissions(id, PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);
	}

run_time_permissions(integer perm)
	{
		if (perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
			llStartAnimation(myAnimation);
	}

changed(integer change)
	{
		if (change & CHANGED_TELEPORT)
			llStartAnimation(myAnimation); // sometimes necessary
	}
}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.