TEXTURE MADE TO LOOK LIKE FUR

Vixtee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. I would like to know how to make a texture appear furlike in world. I have read some descriptions stating "blury" to make the sweater or fur coat appear most realistic, but do not know how I would do such a thing in the editor. There are many furry decor items as well I admire like blankets, rugs, stools, etc. How is this done. Thanks in advance.

In pretty much all cases, the original texture put on by the creator of the item will be what you see; some far better than others..  Some creators attempt to get a more realistic look by duplicating layers of the mesh making one just slightly larger than the other and making the outer layer partially transparent; but in most cases this is one huge "fail".  The bottom line is unless you have full permission with a copy of the blank texture map to add your own texture, then there is nothing you can do.  At least not anything that I know of especially not with the SL editor.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

In pretty much all cases, the original texture put on by the creator of the item will be what you see; some far better than others..  Some creators attempt to get a more realistic look by duplicating layers of the mesh making one just slightly larger than the other and making the outer layer partially transparent; but in most cases this is one huge "fail".  The bottom line is unless you have full permission with a copy of the blank texture map to add your own texture, then there is nothing you can do.  At least not anything that I know of especially not with the SL editor.

Okay so the effect is done while meshing in Blender or other systems and not while texturing using the editor?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 909 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.