How do I delete second life?

uz2bcali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

There is no real reason to completely delete your account (you could downgrade to a basic account if you are premium and then just ignore it - this way your inventory will be there waiting for you if you ever want to come back).  We have seen many people here on the forums asking how to get their account back a day, a week or months after cancelling their accounts.

But if you really want to delete secondlife altogether first sell or abandon any land you might own and manually downgrade your account to basic (on the dashboard, under Account).  Then go back to your dashboard and click Account>Cancel account and follow the steps.  After that uninstall the viewer from your computer and you are done.

• Like 3

In addition to what Jessika wrote, just be aware that there is a USD10 (approx) cost to reverse the cancel on your account.  That is why downgrading to basic is advised because you may change your mind.

A good friend of mine canceled her account, returned a month later using an alt and then about six months later decided that she wanted her original avatar account restored.  LL restored it but she was without much left in her inventory.  The lesson is, the longer you go before you want to reverse the cancelation, the less likely you will have anything in your inventory when it is restored.  You will have the avatar with the clothes it was wearing when the account was canceled but you will otherwise have to start over.

I guess even that can be fun.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.