Can't get primitive params from mesh??

Skullmiser Blackheart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend who was wanting a script to detect when she was in water, and then change the glossiness of things depending on how long she's been out of water.

I don't know how to change the glossiness of things without setting all of the PRIM_SPECULAR settings, so what I did was use llGetPrimitiveParams, for each face, and just plug them back into the llSetPrimitiveParams, command, which seemed to work fine. She was happy with that... until she tried to use it in a mesh object.   I can't seem to get the Specular information from any mesh objects' faces. It just gives null keys and zeroes.

Is there a better way to be doing this?  Is this a bug?  Are we supposed to link it to a regular prim, or something, and use LinkPrim stuff, or would that be the same?

Sorry for my ignorance.  Thank you for your help.

Is the mesh full-perms? I've had trouble in the past trying to read texture data from restricted perms mesh (That also ended up being a major hidden problem in a game I was commissioned to fix a bit ago as well).

Also, Yes unfortunately, for a few of the texture-related settings you do have to grab the existing settings and then send them back with changes. you could save a bit of time each change by only fetching the initial values before the first change, but that can be an organizational nuisance if you have multiple faces and meshes to modify.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 985 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.