Tattoo help

JettyLuv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DIdn't know where to post this.....but my chest tattoo on my avi keeps disappearing..... I have the maitreya body and yes its updated (just not bom) and the tatoo will be there....then just disappear...Im not sure why...I have cleared and removed the layer a couple of times and readded it...but it still does it

Edited by JettyLuv

• JettyLuv changed the title to Tattoo help

It is a common problem when you do not use BoM, but onion layers. The alpha channel in the tattoo, the invisible part around the tattoo drawing, will glitch in combination with other alpha layers.

Often the problem is that you wear clothes that also has transparent parts, like lace. The viewer flicker between the alpha channels and you get one layer that disappear. If you wear more than one layer, you can have a tattoo on one layer and lace underwear on another, or pubic hair, or two tattoos on different layers... and so on.

The glitch with alpha channels is as old as SL itself and it will probably never be fixed.

Can you try to wear more than one onion layer and separate them with one layer as masked and one layer as blended? The tattoo must be blended, or it will look like ugly blobs. But underwear can be set to masked, you will not have a pretty lace edge, but the masked layer should help with the tattoo glitch.

Edited by Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.