Premium land size

Loredana Loring

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everyone, I am participating in an auction and when I make my bid, I have a warning message that I copy below: "If you win an auction, the land counts against your land allocation and tier fees. Before you bid , be sure you are comfortable with paying any additional monthly fee ('tiering up') that might be triggered. You currently have 3072 m² available. " I also know and read from the sl site that premiums are entitled to 1024 m². Have the rules changed? Thank in advance.

2 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Loredana Loring said:

Hi everyone, I am participating in an auction and when I make my bid, I have a warning message that I copy below: "If you win an auction, the land counts against your land allocation and tier fees. Before you bid , be sure you are comfortable with paying any additional monthly fee ('tiering up') that might be triggered. You currently have 3072 m² available. " I also know and read from the sl site that premiums are entitled to 1024 m². Have the rules changed? Thank in advance.

You get 1024 sqm of tier with your Premium account.  Any used tier (Linden Home or directly owned Mainland or donated to a group) over the 1024 will incur monthly fees.

The bottom of the Land Use page:  https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php  is where you authorize that you are willing to pay for extra tier.  

The '3072" likely means that you have not used your Premium 1024 AND you have clicked the circle next to 2048 on the Land Use Fees page.  That circle does NOT mean that you will definitely pay that amount.  It just means that you are willing to pay that if you use the tier.

If you have not yet used the Premium 1024 and if whatever you buy at auction is 1024 or less, then you will incur no additional monthly charges. 

Otherwise, you will pay based on the total amount of tier used over the Premium 1024.  Also note, that any tier used for even one second within a billing period counts.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.