Black Dragon avatar rebake ?

Bronsin Dakota

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all.  I am running Black Dragon build 6.4.13.47872 , version 4.01 
Is there an option to force a rebake of avatar textures like in Firestorm ?

I sometimes find  my Omega-applied bra-or-tattoo-layer tattoos will not appear in any viewer after I apply them , and a rebake forces them to re-appear.

Edited by BronsonRedwood659
clarification

21 hours ago, BronsonRedwood659 said:

Hello all.  I am running Black Dragon build 6.4.13.47872 , version 4.01 
Is there an option to force a rebake of avatar textures like in Firestorm ?

I sometimes find  my Omega-applied bra-or-tattoo-layer tattoos disappear in any viewer, and a rebake forces them to re-appear.

If you're using an applier it means the bra/tattoo is applied to an "onion layer" and is probably an "alpha blended" texture. With a complicated shape like a body, it's easy for one alpha-blended texture to be "erased" by another one that the graphics engine thinks is on top of it. In this case "rebaking" can change the order the various alpha-blended textures are sorted in the viewer, but it's not a permanent or reliable fix.

30 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you're using an applier it means the bra/tattoo is applied to an "onion layer" and is probably an "alpha blended" texture. With a complicated shape like a body, it's easy for one alpha-blended texture to be "erased" by another one that the graphics engine thinks is on top of it. In this case "rebaking" can change the order the various alpha-blended textures are sorted in the viewer, but it's not a permanent or reliable fix.

Appreciate your answer, that gives me a clearer picture. 

So is there a reliable fix?   Can I control the order of layering textures on my body ?

Edited by BronsonRedwood659

20 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

There's no rebake in BD. What do you mean with disappear? How does it disappear...

Hi Nirvan. I get the same issue in FS.   I'll apply a tatt to my top layer using an Omega applier, and it just won't appear.  Then I'll go to another sim, or relog, and it suddenly will appear, or it will appear darker because its been laid "twice" - in FS re-baking fixes both these issues.   Or I'll apply it to my tatt or Bra layer and it will appear 10% of the time.  
I think Theresa Tennyson's answer  has helped me understand what's going on.

1 hour ago, BronsonRedwood659 said:

Appreciate your answer, that gives me a clearer picture. 

So is there a reliable fix?   Can I control the order of layering textures on my body ?

If it's an option, you should use Bakes-on-Mesh for tattoos. That way they'll display as the same texture as your skin.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.