Changing envoronment settings?

MaddySmol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use SL viewer, my landlord uses Firestorm. he claims he cant change the environment settings or give me permission. and not because he doesnt want to. I'm back after about a year away when i both owned and rented and this was never a problem. When i go to About Land > Environment, everything is grayed out. i would be happy if i coul even revert to the region settings for now. :( its just....always night time. :( does someoen know how to do this in firestorm to i can advise him?

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, MaddySmol said:

I use SL viewer, my landlord uses Firestorm. he claims he cant change the environment settings or give me permission. and not because he doesnt want to. I'm back after about a year away when i both owned and rented and this was never a problem. When i go to About Land > Environment, everything is grayed out. i would be happy if i coul even revert to the region settings for now. :( its just....always night time. :( does someoen know how to do this in firestorm to i can advise him?

You can set any environment to apply to you only if you don't have rights on the land.  The library folder has settings.  Right click in inventory, apply to yourself.  Then you see what you want to see regardless of region settings.

Edited by Rowan Amore

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project

This also shows how to apply a setting to.a.parcel

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can set any environment to apply to you only if you don't have rights on the land.  The library folder has settings.  Right click in inventory, apply to yourself.  Then you see what you want to see regardless of region settings.

i know how to change them myself in SL. but he doesnt know how to give me permission in firestorm, and says he doesnt have the 'environment' tab ugh

i think a new landlord may be the solution, this seem straight forward when i owned land myself  :/

Edited by MaddySmol

11 minutes ago, MaddySmol said:

i know how to change them myself in SL. but he doesnt know how to give me permission in firestorm, and says he doesnt have the 'environment' tab ugh

i think a new landlord may be the solution, this seem straight forward when i owned land myself  :/

It shouldn't matter what viewer he is using.  Not sure how he has it set up but the place I rented from, I'd 'purchase' the land from the company who owned the region.  In effect, having almost all rights aside from estate rights.   Maybe he's new to rentals?  I'm not sure how Mainland works for all that though.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.