my pool wont fit on prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If what you mean is "how can I sink into the blue water, at the moment I just stand on top of it" ?

SAVE A COPY to your inventory

Edit the object.

Select "edit linked parts"

All the pool will be highlighted. Make sure that the water is not the yellow-edged part of the build but is in blue (*)

Click on the water. Make sure the highlighted selection border is now only around the water

Switch to the "features" tab

Click in the field "Physics shape type" and change it to "Physics shape None"

(*) If the pool has been built with the water as the root prim you will not be able to set it to none in the physic shape, you will have to unlink and relink with the surrounding tiles as the root prim. To do this:

SAVE A COPY if you haven't already done so

Edit the pool

Click on the "unlink" button (the blue highlights should now all turn yellow)

Click on the surround of the pool once to turn off the highlighting around it

Click on it again to turn the highlighting around the edge back on

Click on the "Link" button. The water now should be highlighted in blue and the tiles highlighted in yellow.

You can now go back and carry out the steeps to change the prim physics type to None for the water.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku

1 minute ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

If what you mean is "how can I sink into the blue water, at the moment I just stand on top of it" ?

SAVE A COPY to your inventory

Edit the object.

Select "edit linked parts"

All the pool will be highlighted. Make sure that the water is not the yellow-edged part of the build but is in blue (*)

Click on the water. Make sure the highlighted selection border is now only around the water

Switch to the "features" tab

Click in the field "Physics shape type" and change it to "Physics shape None"

(*) If the pool has been built with the water as the root prim you will not be able to set it to none in the physic shape, you will have to unlink and relink with the surrounding tiles as the root prim. To do this:

SAVE A COPY if you haven't already done so

Edit the pool

Click on the "unlink" button

Click on the surround of the pool once to turn off the highlighting around it

Click on it again to turn the highlighting around the edge back on

Click on the "Link" button.

You can now go back and carry out the steeps to change the prim physics type to None for the water.

my issue is the prim with green grass texture its not linked but i need to make an empty squre inside of it the same size of the pool so i can have a complete fitted pool inside of it

Edit the green grass, and use the "hollow" spinner on the "Object" tab, but you will then have to make up yet another prim to go directly beneath it otherwise i the water is no-physics you will fll through it and then through the hollow you have just made in the grass.

You might end up having to juggle positions around to get the pool dead-centre with the grass

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.