Pet My Meeroo!

Melita Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

valerie Inshan wrote:

@ Wikli, I have found that the food is a little more than 200L for 4 weeks (and copyable), so I will get it a try before turning it to a 'regular' pet.:smileywink:

I may just do that.. its all so new to me.. Im not 100% sure of what I want at the moment.

they are just too cute!

wiki

Wiki & I were just IMing a little bit in world. We were talking about buying a nest in a market vs. buying a boxed kit.

In a boxed kit you get meeroo (how many depends which kit), home stump, and food. But which kind of meeroo you get is a random surprise. You get a treasure chest which you open for each thing until it's empty. (click, choose from menu)

Or you can go to another resident's meeroo market in SL and pick the nest you want. Meeroo have different personality and sizes and a few different colors of fur. They come in male or female and any combo of the above, plus different eye colors.

You will pay more for a rare such as a giant or a teacup and people seem to want clear over dusky eyes. But if you get a nest you can be sure to get which one you want. There is no telling what its babies will be though.

Then you can buy food and home stump in the official shops separately if you do that, so they have those two things. Their only real need is food and home stump/statue. The comfort and regard things just get you more prizes they dig up and unlockables.

We haven't found the Meepet pet food yet.

valerie Inshan wrote:

LM pleeease Cat??????? i'm so lazy today!

Not to answer for Cat but I'm in world and not busy at the very moment. SO here is the Twas market where you can buy unofficial accessories and third party seller nests.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Twas/50/204/24

Remember to shop around for prices though. Even on this island there are so many for sale.

I'll post the official shop in a moment.

And here is one official shop. The website has 2 more I think, at top of FAQ page.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Twas/98/52/131

Since I keep crashing, I'll do this for the moment.

While grabbing the SLurl for Valerie, I bought one more box with 2 meeroo in it. Well it had two males. So I paired one of them with a female I had from another box. The male I paired her with has rare traits: small upright ears, and large size. The female has a rare size: teacup (sizes won't be obvious until t hey are fully grown.) 

But they have no names. How about a naming contest? I will look back in over the next week and then pick a name here or if nothing serious comes in will name it myself.

Pointy ear male:

Rare Point Ear Meeroo sm.png

Teacup girl:

Teacup Meeroo Jumping sm.png

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Great product promotion. While those meeros sure are cute, I'm not sure if the Make Friends subforum was meant for advertising.

Oh, Ishtara. Clearly you have never ever broken a forum rule in your forum life. *chokes on the irony*

I have absolutely zero financial stake in these products. I have no connection whatsoever with the creators, or any of their team. If you had read and understood the topic you'd have known that already. Or maybe you did, and chose to try this anyway. You just love fights, don't you? And drama. Honey, you are so barking up the wrong tree.

As I also said in the first post, this isn't only a pet but it's a social game and social construct. You go to other people's land and meet new people and make friends who have a similar interest that way. You can see in this topic how that's been working well.

Stop raining on our parade, now. Scoot.

Happy! That's such a perfect name for a pet owned by the happiest forumite.  :D

Thanks so much for showing pix of the adorable little critter, Hippie! I knew he'd have a great home. :D

I'd really like to visit other people's Meeroo zoos, and help out, and say hi. Hope others will post their zoo locations so I can, and hope you will visit mine as well.

Wildcat your roos are so adorable. Which one is that one? :D

Awww! So cute! Thanks for that photo, Hippie! :D

A lil roo family :)

I just wanted to underscore for anyone reading that the social network is a built in, part of this, and is free in the HUD. That's why I posted it here, I think it is a really good way to meet people, chat, and relax with the petting zoo.

that one is called nr. 17 :matte-motes-big-grin:..... by giving them numbers and no names, I feel more and more like the owner of a secret lab doing tests on animals :matte-motes-dont-cry:... nr. 56 was born today and I have now 6 nests up for sale .... I keep it to 7 stumps x 8 meeroos and trying to breed something nice out of those now :matte-motes-whistle: *meows*

Woot Hippie!!!! congrats with your cute little Meeroos!!!!

Wildcat Furse wrote:

that one is called nr. 17 :matte-motes-big-grin:..... by giving them numbers and no names, I feel more and more like the owner of a secret lab doing tests on animals :matte-motes-dont-cry:... nr. 56 was born today 

____

That seems like a good way to go about it. You know what they say: Collectors don't sell, and sellers don't collect! I don't know what I will do with any offspring yet. I think it would be fun to give them away. So far I have some unused ones in my Inventory til I decide.

I just mostly like to watch them, and I do find it relaxing to pet them. I find it more so than other pets I've tried. I like the social aspect too, since being a natural introvert, it can be difficult for me to stop by someone's place without an "excuse."
:)

What a great pic, Wicked :D

Hmm, I'm not sure - which viewer are you using? Maybe someone with that viewer would be able to tell you? Mainly I think the info card says not to detach it, or it will go into Inventory, and for some reason that's bad...

When I right click the Meeroo (or anything held) I get a drop option in the pie wheel. Did you try the 2nd wheel i.e. after "more?"

Welcome to the club :) If you want people to stop by, just post a SLurl when ready. What did you name yours?

thank you Melita..

Im using phoenix.. and yes when i detach it goes right into my inventory and I have to pull it out again.. I don't want to keep doing that if its bad...

yes I tried the *more* option .. and nothing there to drop it either... anyone using phoenix that can tell me what to do?

Her name is LaylaBug ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.