Confuse and unclear

Viper Wonder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately a friend told me some full region sims are Class 4 and Class5 but as far i know LindenLab did mentioned last year that all full region sims no longer class4/class5 because they all upgraded and all Same level .

Then another friend told me she used to Purchased " grandfather " sims which fee Cheaper ..Here im confuse grandfather sims still exist ? If Yes..then last yr lindenlab say all full region sims all upgraded ..Then whats going on ? I mean Am i the only one still confuse or alot still .

I just want to know if all Full region sim in SL now all SAME LEVEL / FUNCTION ?

Viper

There are several different server types and classes. The makers use fancy names like Magnum. I cannot name the types or the specific performance advantages, I'm sure you will get some helpful info from othe Residents here.

A Full Region that is not connected to the Mainland is a private sim. You would have 15,000 prims and could allow up to 100 Avatars. It would be as private as property in SL gets with full tech Support.

A Full Region on the Mainland is limited to 40 Avatars and there are some limitations because you are part of a Grouping of "public" Regions.

There is a Performance Standard for all of SL with specs.

If I owned a Full region I would build only, my demand would not require the latest and greatest Servers. If I expected to have 90 visitors and 7,500 items for sale, I would need a server that handles that. 

typo: how did I type never when I meant to type need? Connect those dots and that would be something.

Last I knew, LL was moving away from server classes. However, sims with numbers greater than 2133 (example: sim2598.agni.lindenlab.com in About Land) are/were considered Class 5 (see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Features/Rolling-Restart-for-Half-of-the-Grid-Friday-Morning-2008-05-16/ba-p/628597).

Magnum, LeTigre and BlueSteel are not "classes," but Release Candidate channels.

Edit: Added link.

The Grandfathered sims WERE class 4 & the owners could request that they be upgraded to class 5 but in doing so they would lose the reduced tier fee.

This changed in May 2010 (hmm or was it May 2009) anyway it was in May LOL...When LL set a deadline for selling a Grandfathered sim and being able to transfer the lower tier to the new owner. After that date they were all changed to Class 5 and they stay on the cheaper tier fee unless they are sold  they are charged at the normal rate for the new owner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4752 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.