MLP, Xpose, nPose

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I'm currently learning how to build a bed with HUD function. I had attended MLP classes before but I don't think I understood anything the instructor said. So I'd like to learn this myself and with my tiny bit of knowledge in modifying a script, I might be able to get a ready made MLP Package somewhere and use it for trial and error.

However in my quest for searching modifiable MLP furnitures, I realized that I've been so far outdated because now they have come up with Xpose Engine. Void posted a link on another thread about nPose and I had no idea this one exist either. I did wanted to tp to that location but for some reasons my viewer wont allow me to do so. Will try again later.

So, I have 3 questions...

1. What is the difference between MLP and XPose?
2. Is there a site or articles that I can read about Xpose?
3. Is nPose only meant for single animation or can it be used for couples animation too?

Thanks for any help given.

Xpose is ancient, and came about the same time as MLPv1... IIRC it's closed source.

MLPV2 was the successor to MLPv1 written to do all those closed source things that people liked, in an open source engine you can find an information page about it on the wiki. nPose is a non-poseball open source engine that works similarly to MLP, but without the pose balls, and is also available on the wiki.

only MLP has any kind of active development going on with it to my knowledge

So, nPose is similar to those pillows where you just right click and sit and it will animate together with a pop-up menu? How do you know which pose is for which gender?

I was looking at some of the animated beds the other day when i've come across this store where they were using xPose 4.0 which accrding to the card was the latest one in the market. What I loved about those menu was they had playback settings for continuous looping scenes that we can only see in those independent poseballs animation. The Tender Love Hud is almost similar to this engine.

Thanks for the info Void, I'll be searching the Wiki for more idea on this one. I've seen a few MLP and MLP2 free packs inworld, I was wondetring if I can get xPose/nPose anywhere inworld?

The convention with nPose is that ladies sit first -- that's the only way to do it, I think.

nPose's distribution system is in a bit of a haitus at the moment.   I'll drop you a copy in world.   Anyone else who wants one, please drop me an IM in world (not a notcard, please),

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.