White Lines

NirobiStClair

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello hope everyone is doing well.  I tried to make it as clear as possible on the pictures below.  I am wearing a Catwa Head and the BOM is activated.  I have put a BOM Hairbase on and added hair which is that kind of Flexi hair that moves a lot.  What I cannot understand is why my head side of my face down to my chin is framed by a persistent white line that look like marching ants.  Is it my viewer? am I doing something wrong? Advice and help would be gratefully received.

white lines_001.png

white lines_002.png

This looks like some kind of alpha glitch.

Since your hairbase is BOM is is showing under the glitch. Some layer is still around above your 'skin' that is set to blend.

The white line is most likely caused by some 'applier layer' being set to 'blend' mode. It could even be the 'applier hair base' layer - which would further explain it being 'white lines' if that layer is 'empty' but still set to blend.

Go through all the layers for appliers and set any you are not using to mask mode if that's an option.

If it still persists, you'll have to do this with layers you do use until you find the one causing the problem. But once you do, if the problem layer is one you're using you'll have to make a tough choice between that layer and flexi hair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This looks like some kind of alpha glitch.

Since your hairbase is BOM is is showing under the glitch. Some layer is still around above your 'skin' that is set to blend.

The white line is most likely caused by some 'applier layer' being set to 'blend' mode. It could even be the 'applier hair base' layer - which would further explain it being 'white lines' if that layer is 'empty' but still set to blend.

Go through all the layers for appliers and set any you are not using to mask mode if that's an option.

If it still persists, you'll have to do this with layers you do use until you find the one causing the problem. But once you do, if the problem layer is one you're using you'll have to make a tough choice between that layer and flexi hair.

Got it!  Thank you for responding, I will strip back and start it all over.  :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.