Connection Issues

Bimbo Mommy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have had this problem for weeks and for the life of me I cannot determine if it is on my end; LLs end or somewhere between.

At random times any combination of textures, objects, avatars, etc stop loading wherever I am. For example, yesterday I was trying on a hairstyle that offered a hair base. I applied the hair base, and took off my BOM one, but the textures didn't change. Refreshed textures multiple times; nothing. Relogged, I'm now a cloud. My viewer only rarely indicates a connection issue now, and even now shows green as I am typing this, yet I can't see my avatar. The rest of the world is fine aside from me. Earlier yesterday night, I could see myself and other avatars, but my house would not render. I have tried Firestorm (my normal viewer), Alchemy, and Black Dragon. I am running an ethernet connection, and my other games work fine with only occasional lag spikes for a few measly seconds, and not this constant refusal to load that SL seems to be doing. I'm lost at this point.

41 minutes ago, Vicious Hollow said:

Try clearing your cache. If that doesn't work, try clearing your inventory cache. 

If you don't know how too, or have tried and still get the same results, check this link -  https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_cache_clear 

Already tried both of those things. It's super frustrating, at this point I'm almost convinced its LL side and not mine, as I've tried multiple different viewers and different versions of Firestorm after clean installs. I've had other people sound off on having similar issues too...

1 hour ago, ashmemes said:

Already tried both of those things. It's super frustrating, at this point I'm almost convinced its LL side and not mine, as I've tried multiple different viewers and different versions of Firestorm after clean installs. I've had other people sound off on having similar issues too...

I can relate to the frustration for sure and have seen what you're talking about. Last Friday for example my partner and I came back from our club (after spending a few hours there) and I could see was the floors and a few walls of our home, but most  everything else was missing, along with the majority of our furniture. The odd thing was, so it seemed, the heavier detailed, and heavier scripted objects around our land, loaded just fine.   

Another thing you can try that I can think of is lower your graphic settings, relog, if no change, put your settings back to what you originally had them, and try another relog.  After that,  adjust your bandwidth setting, try raising it or lowering (followed by a relog with each change). 

It could be something, as you mentioned more with LL then on your side. You could also check your script % for your area, also if you have neighbors, ask if they've run into any similar issues, and if so how often. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.