Wanting full perm auto rez and fill script for no copy items/objects

Chantilly Levee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have breedables, and I have  purchased items in world that do exactly what I am looking for  .. so why I want the script?

I Can not modify them so I want one of my own . I am not a scripter or  a builder,  but I have ideas and  usually get  full perm  mesh objects   to use as displays / shelves to sell  bundles or  nests on..  I want  a scrip to  put into what I design with  textures and or color, so that I can control   where the items   will rez,  ( they are no copy items such as bundles or  nests) and be able  to change  their   rotation and i think its called  resolutions?  where they   sit  for that matter  be able to change   if i want  the   display to have 20 items that auto rez  for sale  and  when  an item is purchased   it will auto fill that spot. using 20 as an example that   is based on  allowed prims in that market stall for example

But, I want to be able to use that same display that  if i want to stretch it bigger  to hold more items  in another  market spot   but  instead allow it  have  40 items to auto rez out for sale  and again   it will  auto fill  when an item is purchased.  And  with any luck   because  I do know   to go from  20 to 40  items  may be a stretch  not sure if notecard driven would work   but see this is it I am not a builder or  a scripter.  

Like I said I purchased  a few  items already but  that is  why I am tired of paying  for the same script over and over again  when I could  probably just modify (perhaps thats is wishful thinking) it  to suit my needs or in some cases  allowable prims at  the  rental stall I am renting  

that said  n done,  is it even doable?  and I want it to be easy if that is possible.   I may be asking too much but I Look forward to hearing from   someone  if it is doable  and obviously cost in  Lindens  inworld.  thank you

• 3 weeks later...

well  this is  an ordeal,  again I am no script  or build  guru   but   I keep running into problems  the main reason  I wanted this script is because I want to be able to use my own shelves   for the layout in a store or market stall  ..   the ones available  do not necessarily  fit my  needs  ..   if they were modifiable   even via a menu   so i could have a flat base    for example   that holds  20 no copy / mod objects   and auto fill when gone and  have a shelf against another wall    so  we can have  vertical   or horizontal   displays  with the objects for sale     and  most importantly  the direction the shelving unit faces    would make no difference  how the objects   sit ..  currently   and unfortunately the only script i have   is  glitchy I can not for example  rez 2 of the same  shelves    out  and have my  objects   fill properly  on them  if the shelf  faces  east instead of  south  the  objects want to rez as if still on a  south facing shelving unit    so frustrating  and I do not know hot to fix that   

I know from the  other units I have purchased  .. again they are nice bu t not what I  really want or need  for my  store;  but with them it makes no difference  where they are facing  they still rez  no copy/mod objects  correctly 

The builders of these shelves either are   exceptional  scripters  or they  found  exactly what I need a full perm script  because  they have multiple  units for sale  sadly not all of them  will work for  what i want  or need in my  store.  I have bought  quite a few  different styles trying to make them work   but  alas ..   not  really working for me  thus why I am tired of buying  them and want my own script  ..  lol ..  seriously it is all a matter of design  and  if their design  doesn't suit my   needs  it becomes a huge waste  of Linden and  their objects just sit in my inventory  unused  so perhaps   someone knows where I can find the same script they  may  be using  it may  be  already out in the market?   or  like i said they are lucky enough to know  how to script  (I am trying to  work on that  by  reading a lot now)

if there is an inworld full perm or at least  copy modify script  already  available  in second life  please   let me know

a way to approach this is to drop the rezzer script and objects in the Content of the shelf object, with a notecard containing the rezzed objects positions and rotations relative to the root pos/rot of the shelf

this way no matter the orientation of the shelf the objects will rez where they should (according to the notecard)

Edited by Mollymews
to

3 minutes ago, Quistessa said:

Yes I already Wrote a decent Autorez script for her and I posit it works perfectly when you use it correctly. I'll have another go at fixing the rotation thing in a few hours.

yes relative to root pos/rot is the key

another way is without a notecard

the rezzer needs to know info about the scale of shelves. At least width and relative distance(height) from each other - depth also when the shelves are different depths (ie lower shelves deeper than upper shelves and we want to center the objects). This could be stored in the Description field. From this we can calculate a position grid and rezz accordingly

3 hours ago, Quistessa said:

Yes I already Wrote a decent Autorez script for her and I posit it works perfectly when you use it correctly. I'll have another go at fixing the rotation thing in a few hours.

yes  she has written the script  fixed and  tweaked out some of the problems encountered and has been  very helpful through out 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.