[Question] Working with meshes for mesheads?

MSTRPLN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, Im curious how people make hats, accessories etc for certain mesh heads like Catwa, Lelutka and more.

I haven't been able to find a mesh kit that you can use ase a size & placement reference.
How do other people do this? I really want to avoid a majopr trial & error until you've got it right and rather
model using a mesh as reference.

The only one i know of that has a mesh kit (dev kit) with armature is Signature Geralt Head i haven't been able to find others

So i'm curious & thanks in advance.

The big names can probably just contact the head creators and get a dev kit, even if one isn't publicly offered.

But since human heads tend to be fairly uniform, what I would do is create my own "mesh head" to approximate whatever head I wanted to make products for, especially if it was something as simple as a hat and a very rough sphere is enough. Hats have the added complexity of people wearing different kinds of hair for which you can't really account for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

The big names can probably just contact the head creators and get a dev kit, even if one isn't publicly offered.

But since human heads tend to be fairly uniform, what I would do is create my own "mesh head" to approximate whatever head I wanted to make products for, especially if it was something as simple as a hat and a very rough sphere is enough. Hats have the added complexity of people wearing different kinds of hair for which you can't really account for.

I understand but what about more complex things that'll require more precision? For example meshes that needs to fit the mesh almost exactly, piercings or other things. If you haven't made products for a certain mesh body or head yet most big brands tend to refure your offer which really limits your posibilities but okay i don't blame them. I was quite amazed how eaily signature sended all their devkits 

2 minutes ago, MSTRPLN said:

I understand but what about more complex things that'll require more precision? For example meshes that needs to fit the mesh almost exactly, piercings or other things. If you haven't made products for a certain mesh body or head yet most big brands tend to refure your offer which really limits your posibilities but okay i don't blame them. I was quite amazed how eaily signature sended all their devkits 

Welcome to the human market. No-modify and exclusivity abound.

Modifiable products and public devkits are the norm for furry creators.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1214 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.