a little help....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Photogrphers have in Second Life great environment to play with graphic. :) You have made good choice! Do you know any of graphic programs? If not remember that there is free Gimp (http://gimp.org).

Inworld you have several choices:

- you can use free studios which are available for all - it is good for beginning, because you can also think longer about your needs before you set your own studio,

- you can make natural pics - snapshots without any studio - just to see how Windlight settings works and get use to controls in Second Life - this is an option if you don't know gimp or photoshop or other graphic program very well,

- you can start your studio - there is a huge choice of studios and the price range is 500 L$ - 12 000 L$. Actually the most important is white wall and pose stand. ;) However the most sophicistated studios have wide range of options what makes taking snaphots in Second Life more fun.. If you prefer to work offline with graphic program there is no need for huge studio. If you prefer to work inworld and play with available resoursces (particles, textures, light) you may think about big studio. You may see at Marketplace what studios are available.

Have a look at Flickr what the best SL photographers do. You can visit their studios and see what are the resources for the best pictures in Second Life. Here are some tips from Torley: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Taking_snapshots

Have fun.  :)

thanx for your reply...i will be using photoshop cs5.

Although im not new to ps Im still learning...i would like to rezz a good studio though on my land..i was thinking of buying a N30 studio...not to sure which type of bulding i could rezz it to tho ?

N30 is a good choice. Hovewer first of all check how many prims it has and check if there are needed prims on yor parcel. Remember that you can need more prims if you decide to set a scene (furinture etc).

Skybox is a good idea because there should be less lag. 

All you need is a parcel. You can set your own skybox on your own. The parcel in case of photo studio shouldn't be smaller than 1024 m2. You have several options:

- you can buy a Premium account and you will be able to buy parcel on mainland. You can rent a parcel from Linden Lab directly in this case. On mainland there is no covenant so you do what you want. You can set the skybox as high as you want. Remember about ratings. If you plan to take snapshots which are adult content you can't set a studion on General area.

- without Premium acount you can rent a parcel from other Resident. You have to learn what covenant includes. Probably you have to look for commercial areas. You need to check if you can set skybox and if photo studio is allowed. 

Remember that evey month you pay tier for the land to Linden Lab or to other Resident. 

You can build simple skybox on your own. You can also see what skybox are available on Marketplace. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.