video not playing on prim

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I wonder if anybody can help me with a simple issue.

I´m trying to play a mp4 video on a prim. The video was uploaded to a onedrive account, shared, and I´m just  pasting the url in the browser of the prim

This system was working well until last week but now it does not. ( But still works with jpg pictures). Also can play youtube content normally

In the prim browser I can see the onedrive environment and the video shows like playing, only the screen remains white.

Thanks in advance 😉

image.png

The web browser inside the viewer may not be able to play whatever type of video you're trying to play.

(What's really going on with media on a prim is that each prim showing a web site is launching its very own web browser. The browser inside is Google Chromium, an older version and limited in some ways. You can't play DRM content, for example. By the way, the process that runs the browser is called "Dullihan", for some reason.)

Thanks Animats, you indirectly gave me the solution.

Knowing is chromiun I downloaded the windows version and it did not work too but found out that it supports av1 video codec. Converted the file and is now playing.

The strange thing is that I could play a standard non converted mp4 video before and suddenly it stopped working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.