Need help animating my avatar (Creeper from mine craft)

Leixand Yven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have something from a video game I like playing sitting in my shop right now at L'araba, Sea Side Island in a dungeon called a Creeper (A green monster with a head, fangs, a torso, and legs both in front and behind the torso that sneaks up on the player and explodes in a kamikaze attack). Rather than keep it as a statue, is there any way to turn it into an Avatar so that it can be used other than as a replica? I cannot get the body parts on my avatar (The basic human shapes) to go invisible, nor can I find any proper way to animate it with Qavimator.

(Completely unrelated to this post: And yes, it's mine craft, but the spellcheck would not let me post this word because it claimed I exceeded 20,000 characters. This is not 20,000 characters. do they allow pictures in this forum? I want to show people because not everybody knows about mine craft. Sadly, some people on second life I've met are not big gamers. They either don't know what most of the popular ones are, or if they know about them, they think it's a waste of time, and they have their nose buried in books and business. I had someone ask me who Valve Corperation was.)

I think the only way to construct an avatar looking like what you describe is to do so using prims that your human avie would wear.  I am sure that someone who knows much more about this will post to you.

Regarding other gamers in SL...they are there.  Search on groups for some using names or acronyms of games you enjoy.  Join a group or two and you will have a ready-made set of acquaintances who can speak your gaming lingo.

Leixand Yven wrote:

I have something from a video game I like playing sitting in my shop right now at L'araba, Sea Side Island in a dungeon called a Creeper (A green monster with a head, fangs, a torso, and legs both in front and behind the torso that sneaks up on the player and explodes in a kamikaze attack). Rather than keep it as a statue, is there any way to turn it into an Avatar so that it can be used other than as a replica? I cannot get the body parts on my avatar (The basic human shapes) to go invisible, nor can I find any proper way to animate it with Qavimator.

To make the human avatar mesh go invisible, use the alpha layer. There's an 'invisible avatar' alpha in the inventory library under 'body parts'. This assumes you are using Viewer 2 or a compatible 3rd party viewer.

As I'm one of the few people who've still not played minecraft, I've not seen a creeper in action, so I've no idea how it moves (something tells me it creeps!). It sounds like you need some form of quad (four-legged) AO with the creeper limbs attached to your avatar's arms & legs. Grendel's http://slurl.com/secondlife/Avaria%20Tor/201/155/250 is a good source of inexpensive (sometimes even free) avatars to experiment with, many with quad AOs and insectile movements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.