Assigning face numbers... Is it possible?

bvlly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! I am making an outfit for an upcoming event. I've already uploaded the mesh to fit my bodies and I'm at the HUDing part of it. The mesh is the same but resized to fit the bodies. I'm checking every faces to ensure they're all the same. I have a total of 4 faces on my mesh; however, half of the bunch has faces that does not match up with the other half. For example, the harness is on face 2 on my Freya size, but on the Slink size it's 3. I've ran into this same problem before and opted to make a separate HUD just for that one size.

Is it possible to change/reassign face numbers? If so, how do I go about doing so?

Thanks in advance. I'm using blender 2.8 and blender 2.79. Whichever one is best recommended I'll be fine using it.

16 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

A "face" in SL is a "material" in Blender. To re-order the faces, switch the materials.

I just reordered the materials in blender and the outcome is still the same. I tested it on my freya size and the faces are still numbered the same as the previous version. When you say switch materials, you mean using the up/down arrow in the material tab, right?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1466 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.