Help! Multi-User Lockable Sliding Door

Mercutio Evanier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greeting Second Life Community,

Being a fairly new builder I'm having some trouble coming up with a script that will do two things.

1) Slide a door open and close up click.

2) Lock and allow myself, the owner, along with anyone else I add to the list or a group to allow them open access to the door.

Those are the basics of what I desire in the script. If someone could include a system/chat messages, when clicked upon, for those with or without access, that would be great.

Its a secret door with a statue, so I'd like the status/chat message to say, to those with access, something like "Upon turning the statue's ear, it begins to slide to the side and reveal a secret passage."

For those without access it would say something like, "A gorgeous statue sits before you."

Also any explaination of how the script works would be great. I would definately like to understand how the scripting works and what part of the script controls each part of its functions.

Thanks ahead of time. :D

There are many ways to do this, but if you want to learn LSL scripting perhaps it's easiest to start with existing scripts and see if you can modify them.  As luck would have it, there are two scripts in the Scripting Library that you could blend to make exactly what you want.  Look at

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Linkable-Multiprim-Sliding-Door/td-p/722649

and

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Generic-Whitelist/td-p/713895

Both are short and well-documented.  If you have trouble figuring out what to do after you have played for a while, come back and show us what you have done.  :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.