strange behavior FS and activating the FlyCam

Jackson Redstar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, I've always noticed lighting oddities when using the flycam with local lights on, but this here is all new

Specs as follows
Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 01:20:51 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz (3672.26 MHz)
Memory: 16326 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.508)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.5206
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 452.06

This is the issue. No flycam activated:
feeb039d3c9950bce8a273681dab0d13.jpg

With flycam activated

d68f0224846ddbd3c52918cab24ee7f9.jpg

I have atmos shaders on, no shadows, local lites, no attached lights. No idea what is causing this nuclear glow here

Thats no nuclear glow. Infact the top picture is horribly wrong and broken. Your dress isn't lit at all (as if the light that is lighting the rest of your body is invisible). Comparing both shots i'd say that for whatever reason when enabling Flycam the lights are properly rendered and light all (what i presume only) alphas that are shown to not be lit at all in your first picture. I THINK, i have seen a similar weird issue a while ago in my own Viewer as far as i know this hasn't been happening on my Viewer anymore but i remember it being a shader merge error on my part. It might be something similar here.

As far as i can tell the bottom picture is the correct one and how it should look like (everything properly lit by the lights in the scene) whereas the top one looks partly unlit and your upper dress piece even has alpha issues (might just be because its unlit and the parts in between are half transparent making them super dark when unlit)

Ok that may be true, but I do wonder what activating the Flycam has to do with Local Lights. Also when zooming in with the flycam, it looks like the top photo from a distance untill maybe 10-15 meters the the lites 'turn on' and it looks like the bottom. I never really looked at this in BD though, maybe I should sometime

10 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

Ok that may be true, but I do wonder what activating the Flycam has to do with Local Lights. Also when zooming in with the flycam, it looks like the top photo from a distance untill maybe 10-15 meters the the lites 'turn on' and it looks like the bottom. I never really looked at this in BD though, maybe I should sometime

Yea that sounds even more like the shader issue. I'm not sure how exactly this is related to flycam (unless its a totally different issue i fixed that made lights poof) this should be something independent of it, there are different shaders being used on closeup and far away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1369 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.