10cm x 5cm x 1mm regular cuboid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From experimentation it seems like the thinnest one can make an object is 1cm. Is this correct? I would ideally like to create a regular cuboid 10cm x 5cm x 1mm. Any way to do this?

I've created two planes in Maya, uploaded them (weird that the dimension that should be 0 has a value equal to the other dimensions, but, another issue) to simulate a very thin cuboid but this isn't the best solution.

Thanks,

G

Edited by GManB
typo

Rez a cube

x= 0.05
y= 0.01
z=0.01

Then set slice to

Beginning 0.0
End = 0.1

Alternatively if doing it with mesh, you need to place a small invisible triangle to "trick" the system to thinking it's larger, similar to the trick used so mesh doors pivot arounf their edge

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/338230-options-for-scripting-doors/

59 minutes ago, Niall Braveheart said:

Rez a cube

x= 0.05
y= 0.01
z=0.01

Then set slice to

Beginning 0.0
End = 0.1

Alternatively if doing it with mesh, you need to place a small invisible triangle to "trick" the system to thinking it's larger, similar to the trick used so mesh doors pivot arounf their edge

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/338230-options-for-scripting-doors/

Thanks. I see I can make something very thin from a prim in SL. I prefer to create mesh in Maya. Where would, if you know, I put the small triangle relative to the cuboid? And, should the cuboid and triangle be separate objects but linked or same object but different surfaces (a surface in Maya is considered a face in SL).

Thanks,

G

1 hour ago, Niall Braveheart said:

The same object offset from the cuboid in the Z direction as thats the one you want to make appear larger , but a different surface/face so you can place a 100% transparent texture on it so it doesn't show.

Thanks Niall! That worked... A bit odd but it works. And in scaling down the thin dimension scales down as well... This makes my construction in Maya a bit more complicated but not much.

Thanks again,

G

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1368 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.