Objects disappear in edit mode

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So this is a bug, that I recall from the much earlier days (2006) and then 2010, and later. Google it and you will find it on the old forums. Maybe it's in the JIRA, I don't know, the view of the JIRA is blocked for me.

Yes, it is a bug because it is not "just me" or somehow not checking things off.

When you go to a busy event and you uncheck the appearance of avatars in the advanced menu for "render types", and then forget to check that again later, it will seem as if everything you sit on or edit disappears, because those things adopt the state of your "disappeared" avatar in that advanced mode.

But that's not the issue here. Avatars are checked off.  "Show selection lines" is checked off.

This started with the new patch just now. So I hope the Lindens will fix it.

UPDATE: Oh! "Hide Selected" is checked off. Duh! Now how does that happen? Because merchants increasingly complexify packages and make you do "add" and then "click" to go into inventory -- but then it goes into inventory in its own folder, and you can't sort it from the box. So even though some of them bounce when you attempt this, I rez these annoyances out in order to pull their contents directly into a sorted folder. But because they are HUDs or meant as "adds" they are often clear on 3 sides and you lose them.

That forces you to constantly check and uncheck "highlight transparent". I don't know if that is how "hide select" accidentally got checked off but I wouldn't deliberately check that.

BTW it seems impossible to delete posts on the forums.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.