Sell Item with scripts with experience in it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

i feel like a noop - but is it right, that if a script is compiled with experience enabled and i sell it to a otherone - he cant use this script with his experience, because he cant change the experience key from my own to his own.  if the script is not set to mod /edit rights?

11 hours ago, SirMacMoneysack said:

Hello,

i feel like a noop - but is it right, that if a script is compiled with experience enabled and i sell it to a otherone - he cant use this script with his experience, because he cant change the experience key from my own to his own.  if the script is not set to mod /edit rights?

Edit rights are not enough.

There are two ways for someone to use someone else's script with their own experience.

One requires the script to be mod so the end-user can recompile(resave) it with their own experience.

The other is the end-user assigns a group to their experience, and adds the experience contributor ability to a role in the group that you belong to.

This will allow you to compile scripts with their experience.

The latter requires major trust between both parties because there is no way to blacklist only scripts compiled by contributors who go rogue. The entire experience would have to be shut down by the experience owner through the experience's profile.

There is a feature request to repurpose llSetExperienceKey() to allow already compiled scripts to "apply" your experience key, but it has no priority ATM.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 2

As it is at the moment, the experience owner is assumed to be the object's scripter.

(To be fair I kinda like it this way, there are risks & responsabilities in running an experience, and you cannot trust code you cannot review with experience powers)

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.