Laptop recommendation for SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My pc died a few months ago, and I am currently looking to purchase a laptop that is able to run SL for long periods without overheating. I need to keep within a budget of $1k to 1300k. If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful! If you don't have specific make and model in mind, I would appreciate just knowing the basic components I should be looking for (processor, graphics card, memory, fan type, and any other pertinent information). Thanks so much!

Unless you absolutely have to have a laptop because you need to take it out and about I'd suggest you avoid them as you can get a far better PC for the same money without it being limited for upgrades down the line (and ease of repairs).

• Like 1

I am open to getting a desktop. Do you have any suggestions? My last was an Asus Essentio, NVIDIA Gtx 760, 3 gig dedicated, i7,  2 TB hard drive. I was really hoping I could just buy the same computer as a replacement but things have changed so much since I bought my last pc that I have no idea which is comparable (I.e., What is the next step up from GTX 760, etc)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.