llSensor does not detect objects I rez

Badena Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just found out that llSensor in a hud I am wearing does not detect objects I rezz, objects belonging to me, created by someone else. Sigh. Surprise, surprise. They are rezzed, not attached. The pages about llSensor dont tell. I probably belong to the species who should not do scripting but I would be very grateful if someone can tell me if that behavior of llSensor is known or if I am too [...fill in the blanks...] . Workarounds are welcome. llGetObjectDetails does not apply since it requires an UUID to sail in the sea of details, and every object is born with a fresh brand new ID which cannot be forseen. Thank you in advance for your comments :)

2 hours ago, Badena said:

Thank you Wulfie :)

I rezz an object <golf ball launcher> at my position, it is non-physical, phantom tho.

Sensor is  llSensor("", "", PASSIVE|SCRIPTED, 5.0, PI).

The workaround I just found is using llGetParcelPrimCount with PARCEL_COUNT_GROUP.

Try using just SCRIPTED instead of PASSIVE|SCRIPTED.

The wiki page might need some updating since the table doesn't really represent reality. For example, SCRIPTED|ACTIVE will detect certain nonphysical objects.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

• 2 weeks later...

The wiki may be inaccurate in several instances because I made a thread about this issue last year. IIRC "PASSIVE" and "SCRIPTED" cannot be returned at the same time now since "PASSIVE" objects are considered unscripted (???). I've since started using functions like llGetObjectDetails() in combination with broader Sensor flags to distinguish objects between scripted, passive, and active as a result.

Edited by Secondary Lionheart
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.