Sign in to follow this  
Fitch Woodrunner

Viewer 2, latest update, loading very slowly, has taken 30 min. to get to about 50%

Question

To the best of my knowledge there are not current service affecting issues and this is the only question on the topic currently on answers, I would expect a flood were there a service issue that said you could be the first.  The only current issue on the service status page refers to an issue with Local Payment Processing (A billing system) which would be unrelated to logins I would expect.

Can you try doing a manual cache clear you can find the location of you cache folder on this page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clearing_the_cache then with all viewers closed go in delete all files inside of the folder called cache but leave the folder itself in place.  It could be it is having issues reading a file.

If that does not work go back in and this time move up a level and completely delete the SecondLife folder (Back up any important chat logs before doing this) and also bear in mind you will lose all your viewer settings in the process, that said it will most likely enable your viewer to start up again, it is a last resort that often works for issues just like this.

1 answer to this question

To the best of my knowledge there are not current service affecting issues and this is the only question on the topic currently on answers, I would expect a flood were there a service issue that said you could be the first.  The only current issue on the service status page refers to an issue with Local Payment Processing (A billing system) which would be unrelated to logins I would expect.

Can you try doing a manual cache clear you can find the location of you cache folder on this page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clearing_the_cache then with all viewers closed go in delete all files inside of the folder called cache but leave the folder itself in place.  It could be it is having issues reading a file.

If that does not work go back in and this time move up a level and completely delete the SecondLife folder (Back up any important chat logs before doing this) and also bear in mind you will lose all your viewer settings in the process, that said it will most likely enable your viewer to start up again, it is a last resort that often works for issues just like this.