Viewer 2, latest update, loading very slowly, has taken 30 min. to get to about 50%

Fitch Woodrunner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded the latest V2 update (Second_Life_2-6-6-229662) last night, it worked ok, with some bugs. I shut it down normally. This morning, I tried to login and it has taken more than 30 min. for the loading bar to reach 50%, with no sign of it making any progress. I am connected to the internet, no other programs are running, no firewalls, nothing that should impede the login process? My system, I assure you, is compatible, I have a fine machine. I checked the SL Blog, and there doesn't appear to be any current issues. Is anyone else having problems?

I uninstalled SL, completely, and then reinstalled the previous update, and still could not login. I tried the Phoenix Viewer (which I hate using), and that too was slow to load? If even TPV's are having issues, could there be a larger problem?

1 answer to this question

To the best of my knowledge there are not current service affecting issues and this is the only question on the topic currently on answers, I would expect a flood were there a service issue that said you could be the first.  The only current issue on the service status page refers to an issue with Local Payment Processing (A billing system) which would be unrelated to logins I would expect.

Can you try doing a manual cache clear you can find the location of you cache folder on this page http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clearing_the_cache then with all viewers closed go in delete all files inside of the folder called cache but leave the folder itself in place.  It could be it is having issues reading a file.

If that does not work go back in and this time move up a level and completely delete the SecondLife folder (Back up any important chat logs before doing this) and also bear in mind you will lose all your viewer settings in the process, that said it will most likely enable your viewer to start up again, it is a last resort that often works for issues just like this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.