D/L V2 updates

Tourmaline Orchid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Not sure how many Updates on V2 since this started. But the install is going fine, then all of a sudden it comes upon an error in reading the file.  I have not changed any security settings on my pc. There is no reason for it to be hitting a firewall issue.  In the last few updates I have ended up having to uninstall V2 and reinstall....but there has to be an easier way.

I was hoping for a solution..I cannot D/L the update while it is having"error opening file for writing"

2 answers to this question

Happened to me today too. On the second try there were no problems. What I definitely do not like on the update is the reset button of the filter is missing and the avatar icons at the bottom of the screen are black with different color dots.

I kept silent when a returned object to the inventory was no longer hjighlighted, making a person search for that object. But the reset button was a time saver and the avatar icons was easy on the eyes. And you know who you have opened for chat.

Oh well. Forward ho !

Can you provide your information about your computer?

OS, Anti-virus, Anti-Spyware, Firewall, web broswer and or any download management programs.

My feeling is that you may have something interfering with your system, possible spyware/malware trying to induction its own file to log your data. End up with a failure and cause your installation corrupted. The update is downloaded from the same URL address for anyone to install without having a viewer. Thus I do not think it's related to Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.