Gay POC looking for friends

melanatedaquarian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there, 

As the title indicated I'm a gay POC (person of color) looking to make friends. It's been about 3 weeks since I joined (talk about a learning cuuuuurve). I heard clubs were the best place to meet people, though it hasn't been very fruitful (hardly any public chatter, anywhere from 10-60 minutes for IM replies, or just being  outright ignored). Following some advice I received from a very helpful (het female) friend I'm trying here. 

I'm 32, live in New York, former veteran that transitioned back into fashion. I really love music, enjoy shopping, reading, cooking, traveling, having a good conversation with friends, and recently started learning to play the keyboard. Small talk isn't really my forte (there's so much more meaningful things to talk about than the weather), so if you're interested in having good conversations hit me up. 

So far I've mostly shopped, gone clubbing, and explored a little...oh and museums!! Art, particularly art history, is pretty big for me (almost did a minor in art history). 

If any of that sounds interesting to you or you know of any hang out spots for other gay or lgbt persons of color (or MIXED crowd), send me message: melanatedaquarian

p.s. I've seen a similar thread from a year or two ago in which it turned into a race debate...please refrain from that. I can literally count on one hand the number of gay POCs I've seen at clubs and as a gay black male I can tell you it's nice to be around those that look like you, share similar experiences, are actually interested in being friends, etc. I personally have zero race hangups, but imagine if you will a kid in a candy store...only you're the candy, but not just any candy...you're licorice...that's basically what it feels like.

Hello! I won't be on tonight but if you don't mind having a female friend I'd be happy to hang out with you sometime. I wouldn't mind exploring some SL art Museums. That could be fun. I am more of a Role Player but if you care to try finding some Art Museums together we could talk about the art. Or if you'd care to try other things we could possibly talk about it. Like going to shoot some zombies sorts of things 

~Azalea (nostalgicmemories)  

• 5 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1418 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.