SLUV yes, but how?

Sari6t

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SL has been a wonderful playground and one of the things I'm going to attempt is creating an Avatar. Creating the Avatar isn't the problem, it will be hard and painful, but I make something for sure. What I've not been able to satisfy is how it is that other makers, SLINK,Maitreya, Dev, etc. all have SLUVs. I've Unwrapped a lot of things and while there are a ton of things you can do to manipulate UV's , I'm not entirely convinced that the UV editor window is where you want to mess around. It almost seems like this would be part of an earlier process. Like you start with a SL avatar and go from there. However, I've tried that and its pretty awful to work with as it is. Enough people have done it for me to feel confident there is a little bit of knowledge swimming out there that could help. So, I'm casting my net and hoping to catch it from one of you talented, info sharing good people. : )

All the best,

Scarlet

I haven't done it myself so I can't give you the exact details, but if you're using Blender, look up "Transfer UVs" and/or the Data Transfer modifier.

Essentially, you'll want to select your target first, then the source, press Ctrl L, and Transfer UV Maps. I don't know what that function considers during the transfer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.