SL NEGLECTING harassment, chat sharing & stalking !

Nareemz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Administrators

Hey there Nareemz,

I am sorry to hear that you're having this issue with your ex, such issues are never pleasant to deal with. As folks have stated previously, if you are experiencing any abuse/harassment outside of Second Life, such as Discord, we unfortunately cannot assist or investigate those issues. We are only able to look into issues that occur on our service. If you have not done so already, we strongly encourage you to reach out to Discord or use any reporting tools they may have available for any assistance with issues that are happening on their platform.

In regards to any issues that are going on within Second Life, we will investigate and will action appropriate if we are able to confirm that a violation has occurred. Please be aware that not all actions result in termination, as we try to educate first and give people an opportunity to learn from their behavior with warnings/suspensions where appropriate. We are also unable to inform Residents of the outcome of these investigations due to our Privacy Policy.

I see that you have an open Abuse Report in our system that we have not gotten to yet, but rest assured we will investigate and action appropriately if necessary.

As with any harassment, if you fear this may have an impact on your real life, such as threats of personal harm or putting your actual safety at risk, we encourage you to also notify your local authorities so that they can assist you in taking the appropriate steps to ensure your real life safety.

For more tips on how to deal with harassment, please visit our website:
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-deal-with-abuse-and-harassment/ta-p/1339983

I also see some folks have questions about the Governance User Group so I'll go ahead and take some time to address those as well!

The Governance User Groups are at 1pm SLT/PT (4pm ET), with the goal of it being bi-weekly, however since these meetings rely on my availability this isn't always the case depending on what shenanigans I've got going on (this month has been a bit wild!). However, I have updated the page with the next upcoming meeting dates: https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Governance_User_Group#Meeting_Dates

I understand that the time for the Gov. User Group may not be ideal for everyone, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate availability for everyone. With that said, if there is an issue you want to bring up that cannot wait for one of these meetings, or if you're just unable to make it, you are more than welcome to reach out to me in-world. Please note that this is not a way to bypass filing Abuse Reports, those will still need to be filed in order for my team to investigate, but I am more than happy to provide guidance if needed.

Since this thread is about an issue that is not appropriate for discussion for the forums, and cannot be addressed here, I will be closing this.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.