Living Together Help Needed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Heya

Me and my bf want to live on the same land. My land that I bought and its main land.. He wants to be able to rez and build stuff and move my things about if needed. I have set up a group for us both, but not sure what else I need to do to let him be able to do this. I read a bit about deeding land to groups and it makes no sense to me, I want it to still be my land, but just give him full perms.

thanks in advance

9 minutes ago, PixieRose878 said:

Heya

Me and my bf want to live on the same land. My land that I bought and its main land.. He wants to be able to rez and build stuff and move my things about if needed. I have set up a group for us both, but not sure what else I need to do to let him be able to do this. I read a bit about deeding land to groups and it makes no sense to me, I want it to still be my land, but just give him full perms.

thanks in advance

As long as you AND ONLY you are the "owner" of the Group and you never give that role to him or anyone else, then deeding the land to the group is safe and the easiest, but just doing the 'Set to group' on the Land window will also work.  Either way, he'll need to be in the group and wearing the group tag to rez things -- unless you set the 'Build' option to 'Everyone', which is not recommended.

In all cases, the easiest way to let him move your objects around is to give him Edit rights, via the Friends windows (at least, in Firestorm it is via the Friends window).  You can also do that by clicking the Share box in the Edit window for every item that you rez.

As to the Group, you can set up various roles with various abilities. The primary caution is that Owner role.  Once given, it can NEVER be revoked.  So set up a new role and give it most of the same abilities as the Owner role has.  That ensures the land will always be yours.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.