If I buy a larger plot of land, will I be able to have more than 117 prims in the Linden Home?

LilyMcallister

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I currently have a Linden Home and like it and don't want to go through the issue of building another house on a plot of land. But 117 prims will never work for me in the long run. I want to purchase more land on the mainland to have more prims. My question is will I be able to use those prims in the Linden Home or will I be forced to use them strictly on the new land, meaning that I really wouldn't need the LH at that point and would need to abandon the LH and build a bigger house on the new land?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hi Lily!

If you purchase other land on the mainlaind you cannot use those prims toward your land on the Linden home. You could still  keep you Linden home if you want (and have only the 117 prims availble on that plot ) AND buy land on the mainland and put up a new house or whatever your heart desires on your new land.  Or you can abandon your Linden home and then you will have 512 sqm of land free of tier (once you buy a plot on the mainland). Or you can buy a larger plot of land than a 512 sqm on the mainland but the first 512 will be 'free' without tier.

I started with a Linden home then decided to abandon it, bought a 1024 plot but only pay for 512 sqm (as the first  512 sqm is free).

Hope that makes sense :)

Marlette

• Like 2

You will only be able to use the prims on the land you buy. You cannot carry them across to your Linden Home. Linden Homes are restricted to 117 prims and there is no way whatsoever to increase that figure.

So yes, if you want more prims, buy a larger parcel with more prims but remember that the Linden Homes have the benefit of not counting the house as part of the prim allocation. If you bought a similar 512sm parcel on mainland, you would still have 117 prims but the house will eat into that. If you buy a 1024sm parcel, you will have 234 prims available and so on.

It's up to you whether to keep your LH or not but the LH will use your 512sm tier free allocation so if you're not going to live there, better to abandon it.

• Like 2

No.  Land and prims can be combined only within the same sim.  And there's no way for you to buy a second linden home in that sim and use the prims.

The Linden Home is more of a Getting Started kit for newcomers.  It's a way for new folks to get started quickly with little complication or difficulty.  It is not, however, meant to be your final piece of land or the only home you'll have.  Be looking around mainland for larger parcels with good neighborhoods.  You are premium so you can buy any land anywhere and pay LL the tier (based on how much land you get).  You can also rent land either in mainland or private estates, but your premium allowance won't go toward it. 

Look around, talk with others, and see what's out there that you can move up to. 

• Like 1

Thanks all of you so much. That is exactly what I needed to know. It didn't take me very long to realize that although the Linden homes are a great starter base (rezzing and changing clothes and such), they are so restricted to prim usage that you can't really do much inside them. And the restrictions on not being able to share the space with my husband and he run scripts there is definitely a hurdle I can't get past. I just realized that yesterday, that although he can tp in, he can't run his scripts or rez objects in his own inventory. That is very limiting to couples. I wish they had put this in mind. Thanks all, I will be abandoning it and looking for a nicer place to build. MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Lily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.