Help with new avatar please

Shanestoke

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi hope your all staying safe and well...

ive not been online in over 4-5 years and I’ve totally lost my way with this how to change my appercance...new clothes etc , I’ve brought I can’t seem to add or change anything is there anyone who could meet in the world tomorrow evening I’m GMT time at all ? Will buy you a beer at the bar 😅 

thanks so so much for anyone’s help really appreciate it 

1 answer to this question

Hi @Shanestoke, welcome back!

The old ways still work...provided that you're using the older layer-type clothing, and the classic avatar body.

But quite a few of the current "starter" avatars are mesh, or partly mesh, and none of them are really designed to work with SL's mix-and-match clothing and accessories.  If you came back as a new avatar, that may be the difficulty.

No problem, though.  Pick up a set of free Standard Mesh Sizing shapes on the Marketplace, and start from there.  Visit some of the freebie stores, like The Free Dove, to pick up some skin, clothes, hair, and accessories.  Most freebies are also the older style clothing, and will work in familiar ways.

Once you have your feet back under you, it will be time to look into Mesh bodies and heads.  That's the real change from your previous experience.  They are attachments that are worn over your classic body and/or head, hiding them.  They all have HUDs with tons of controls for all sorts of things, and do present something of a learning curve.  Get demos, watch YouTube reviews, and go slow...the major brands are not cheap.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.