Making own Breedable

Makenzie Heartsong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It has been a while since anyone has asked me about breedables, so I know I am not up on the current technology (or even if breedables are still a thing).  I';m not sure what you are asking, though.  If you have a mesh model of a breedable that you have created, you upload it the same way that you would upload any other mesh:

If you are asking how to create a new instance of an object in world, you will have to script a rezzer that uses llRezAtRoot.  Include a copy of your mesh object (the breedable) in the rezzer and have your script create it on command.  In the specific case of breedables, you will need to maintain a database somewhere of all the possible breedable characteristics and the genetic history of your breedables, so that those data are available to apply to a new instance.  The standard way of doing this has been to put that database on an external server and communicate with it by HTTP when you are rezzing a new breedable.  If you have access to an Experience, you might be able to use it to do the same thing.  Again, though, not having seen much interest in breedables for a while I am not sure how feasible that might be. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1468 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.