Constant drops

FolamiA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I been having an issue with constant drops that started two days ago.   This has been across 5 computers of various makes and models.  The most powerful one a I7 with 32gb and a Nvidia 1070.

I also tried various (4) viewers and no luck.   The drops usually occur between 2-5 minutes after logging in.

Here is what I noticed.  On firestorm I watched and actually recorded a session.   
1.  Packet loss less than .6 % (except the one test where I mobile hot-spotted my phone)

2.  Ping to sim Anywhere from 40-70ms depending on the sim

3.  SIM FPS  40-50

4. Udp  data received.  Watching this gives the first indication of a problem.  The number drops to 0 kb/s and then I noticed I can't move.   Packets in and out still show some level of traffic then packets in drops to zero also.  

Other  things I tried.

1.  putting an exception in on virus scan for the viewer and the cache files for the viewer.

2.  Rebooted cable Modem and router

Did you still get disconnected when you were using your cellular connection?

Do you also get disconnected when using an alt account? It's possible your main account has an inventory issue which can cause login to time out which will result in disconnection soon after login or you will get fully logged in but when your inventory fetches in the background it can cause a disconnect.

I found the issue, digging in a bit I found I was also having problems with my work VPN.  I  work for a digital workspace monitoring company and used some of our tools to find that I was having issues with network saturation.  I called my ISP and they confirmed (after lv 1 support) that yes the signal to my modem was weaker than normal and there is probably a problem with the line.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.