i am tired of liars!

Dizzy Tearfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Role play is a deliberate act of story telling consented to by all participants, and everyone knows they are there to RP.  To compare RP to lying is erroneous and misleading.  A liar is someone who knowingly disguises, evades or fails to disclose the truth with the intention of misrepresenting facts, usually for personal gain or to avoid responsibility.  The comparison of consensual RP with lying is a nonsense, the two are not even remotely connected. 

Whether we like it or not lying is a part of the human condition.  No one can say they have never lied I am sure, however I believe that virtual worlds and the internet are breeding grounds for lies.  I believe we have to consider the intent of the original statement regarding liars in Second Life, which is probably that people fail to remain true to real life morals and values and lie in order to gain something, often their lies while not intentionally malicious can still be harmful.  These, I believe, are the targets of the forum - not things like RP.  Any suggestion otherwise tends to cloud the issue doesn't it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.